Monday, May 26, 2014

Kayak Point & A Little Dream Come True...

I'm thinking (hoping) that with all the fresh air we had today, everyone will sleep well tonight!

I hope you had a great Memorial Day. I thought I'd share a few pics of our day…

After getting a few things done around the house, we headed to Kayak Point. It's about an hour's drive from our house and SO beautiful. I don't know what it is about that place, but it just feels sort of magical. 



I imagine that some day we are going to look back on this day and smile. It was just that kind of day...


The boys climbed and played (how could any young boy not play Indians here?!)...



And Charlie took his first swim! We cheered him back like crazy : )



When we got home, we decided to have a bonfire. This was one of those things. Whenever we dreamed of living in a country setting, Aaron would talk about bonfires. He thought it would be a great place to relax and catch up with the boys as they grew. This is a little dream come true!







Okay, okay...so they don't always sit like this. Yes, they were hamming it up a little bit for their Mama - but I'll take it! What you don't see is the tackling session that occurred about 60 seconds later… You'll forgive me for wanting to freeze-frame the above image.




I snapped this picture as we were leaving Kayak Point… Happy Memorial Day!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.