Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Do You Have Ghost Town Style?

Have you ever taken one of those magazine or online design quizzes to see what your decorating style is? 

Do you like a specific style, or do you like to blend different looks to come up with your own unique style?

My favorite style of decorating might be called:
Farmhouse, Prairie, Romantic Country, Modern Farmhouse, or Shabby Chic. 

Image via Rachel Ashwell

Rachel Ashwell (Couture Prairie & Shabby Chic styles) and Serena Thompson (Farm Chicks Founder) are two of the most inspiring decorators to me. 

And recently, I can't get enough of Fixer Upper (Have you seen it on HGTV? If not, you're welcome.). Joanna Gaines' has a unique modern country style. She mixes lots of rustic pieces with clean whites.

This past week, while we were in Montana, we visited this Ghost Town of Garnett. 


I was surprised by the decor I saw in the general store and the hotel. 

Could it be that my design style is actually… 
"Ghost Town?!" 

Check it out:


Cute chippy cupboard and weathered white door...



I'm loving this laundry basket.


Rustic elegance meets old mining town.


I think even Ms. Ashwell would give her blessing to this wallpaper. ;-)


Sweet iron bed and rustic trunk.


If this isn't Prairie Style, I don't know what is. I just don't.


And who doesn't love an old distressed white door?


If you've read even one of my posts, you know how I feel about white furniture…


This washing machine may not have an energyStar rating, but it sure is the perfect bluish-green color.


Okay boys, pick out one piece of furniture or yard accessory as a souvenir. (I wish! Instead they came home with a pocket full of rocks and arrowheads : ) And Joanna, I could be wrong, but is that not shiplap on the walls? How amazing would that look painted white?!

So maybe Ghost Town Style (Ghost Town Chic?) will never catch on. 
But you never know. 

Remember, you saw it here FIRST!

Thanks for indulging me.

You rock.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.