Friday, September 1, 2017

Farmhouse Decorating for Early Fall {Wheat and Galvanized Buckets}

We're just four days back into the school routine and I've never been so ready for the weekend. 

Wow. I forgot about just how early the mornings are, how late the evenings are - getting backpacks and lunches prepped, and how many forms (and checks) need signing this time of year! But... all three of our boys have had a good back-to-school week and so I'm feeling grateful. I imagine your week has been full too, and I hope it has been going well. And if you happen to be a teacher, thank you for all you do! :)


With school starting, I've begun a little early fall decorating in our home. 
I love the soft, warm color of wheat as summer fades into fall.


And it's no secret how I feel about time-worn, weathered galvanized buckets. (You too?)


It was my first time making a wheat wreath, and it wasn't sturdy enough to withstand all the slamming opening and closing our front door gets. But I like the added texture it gives our dining room mantel.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hope you have a great weekend.

Xo


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Ardith! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)

      Delete
  2. Tooo cute Julie!!!love the wheat !and the buckets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy... wheat and galvanized buckets are things I'm sure you appreciate living on a farm! :)

      Delete
  3. That wheat wreath is outstanding and looks perfect with your other accessories. So warm and welcoming..Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy! So kind of you. Hoe your week is going well!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.