Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My Favorite Salmon Recipe Ever!

Hi Flower! 
(I borrowed that term of endearment from a British friend… isn't it the sweetest?! 
I think I need a British accent to pull it off, but thought I'd test it out here ; )

I hope your day is going well! It was a very celebratory day for us - Our new nephew was born, our niece turned eight, and we celebrated my sister's birthday at our house with a surprise birthday lunch. (I'll post more pictures and write about it soon!)

For lunch, we enjoyed salmon, mushroom risotto, kale salad and rosemary bread. And for dessert we had inhaled chocolate cake with raspberry sauce. (Dark coffee goes without saying in Seattle.)

I wanted to share with you my favorite salmon recipe (it's what we had today). It has been a crowd-pleaser and one of my go-to's for company for years! (Thank you to the sweet southern family who first  served it to us almost a decade ago!)


Sesame Soy Baste for Salmon

Mix together:
1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
3 Tablespoons Minced Green Onions (include tops)
2 Tablespoons Oriental Sesame Oil
1 Tablespoon Hot Chile Sesame
1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Ginger
2 Teaspoons Sugar
2 Cloves Garlic
Dash Red Pepper

Marinate the salmon for a few hours before you bake or BBQ it. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 - 60 minutes (depending on size of fillet and preference).

Tips:
  • Double recipe for large fillet.
  • Baste fish during BBQ so it is moist.
  • Serve over a bed of spinach if desired.
  • You can keep your ginger root in the freezer for a LONG time! It will naturally separate from the outer skin when it is frozen - makes for easier grating.
  • Most of the ingredients in this recipe are found in the asian aisle of the grocery store. Though it's a little bit of an investment, the ingredients you buy can be used to make this recipe several times.

Enjoy!!!



1 comment:

  1. You really had various reasons to celebrate, Julie! I’m pretty sure you prepared a menu of delicious meals, and I’m grateful that you shared your salmon recipe. It’s always a wise decision to marinate fish, since the seasonings enhance its flavor. Anyway, I hope you'll be able to share more of your recipes. Happy cooking!

    Megan Anderson @ Café Fina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.