Monday, July 27, 2015

Farmhouse Flowers (& a new favorite sign)

We visited a farmer's market on Friday, where a sweet
 sunflower bouquet caught my eye. 

A simple gallon glass jar for a vase atop an old wooden 
breadboard provide a rustic arrangement, fitting for a farmhouse.


The purple flowers made us think of the pink ones from "Horton Hears a Who." ;)


And remember this sign I made last week for a gift? (DIY here.)


The next day, our youngest made me a sign. 
Be. still. my. heart. 


And it came just in the nick of time as I was knee-deep in summer laundry and dishes!

For all you tired mamas or grand-mamas out there who fall into bed exhausted each night, you know what these little tokens of love mean...

So happy you stopped by today. I hope your week is off to a really good start!

14 comments:

  1. That is too sweet! You know you're doing something right when you get a note like that! Hold onto it! The flowers are beautiful too! Have a great week! Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane... It is a keeper for sure! :) Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet sign! Your son is obviously trying to follow in your foot steps huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure ;) but it was cute how he came in from the garage with that little piece of wood - he had told me he was going to go out there and make something. Xo

      Delete
  3. I just spent a week watching my 4 grandsons, and this morning with my grandson who has Autism. This post was a breath of fresh air. Thank you for always posting the sweetest things in your heart. It blesses me fully.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so neat... they will never forget these times spent with you! I have found caring for my children to be the absolute most rewarding and tiring thing in the world. ;) We are blessed that my parents have a close relationship with our children as well. Thank you for investing into the next generation! We are all better off for it and I know that you and your grandchildren are blessed through it. Maybe this evening will bring a glass of tea and a good book for one dedicated grandmother?! Hope so! :)

      Delete
  4. The sign you received it PERFECT!!!! marsha@tubbslanefarm.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie! The sign from your boy is the most precious gift ! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well that would make your heart melt, how adorable and what a treasure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooooo sweet!! Your flowers are so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.