Monday, October 5, 2015

~A Beautiful Fall Wedding ~

This past weekend, we attended my cousin Claire's beautiful, nature-inspired wedding. She was a stunning bride... And her groom smiled at her all evening. 
(It was very sweet!)

The wedding decor was rustic and vintage-inspired. 


The venue, Green Gates at Flowing Lake, is gorgeous and cozy at the same time.



White linens, chandeliers, beautiful greenery, antlers, old doors and Edison lights... 
What's not to love?




Isn't this a great chalkboard? Which would you choose? (I decided on the strawberry lemon but also sampled a little bit of the almond ~ yum!)


Gates that look to be out of a fairy tale...


And plenty of farmhouse charm.



A peaceful arbor with lake view was the backdrop for the ceremony...



Our youngest two boys and my niece, looking at pictures of the bride and groom when they were little...


It was a beautiful day, celebrating love, faith and family.

Congratulations Claire and Tim!

22 comments:

  1. What a fabulous location. Love the centerpieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The location goes such a long way toward setting the tone for this wonderful event! I love the simple elegance of it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacqueline... yes, it was very picturesque!

      Delete
  3. What a romantic country wedding. Love How neutral the decor was, white green and more white.
    What beautiful grounds this place is set in, and what a view of green beauty.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dore ~ yes, it was very lovely! Hope your week is going well...

      Delete
  4. I love simplistic wedding decor and the relaxed calmness it brings and what a beautiful venue! Congratulations to the newlyweds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely wedding. Thanks for sharing. I hope to one day throw together a shabby wedding for my daughter who has been engaged forever. Your blog inspires me so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That I so beautiful. I love just the simple natural decor at its best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie ---thank-you. This is stunning! Barney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was stunning Barney! Thank you for allowing me to share it. Hope you are all recovering well from the big day! :)

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful wedding! I love how it was styled. Wish I could've seen the couple too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly ~ I know! I just thought the bride should get to choose the photos of themselves and I don't think they've seen their photos yet. Maybe I'll get to include a couple photos of the bride and groom in the near future...

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful venue! I just love it and I bet it was just magical! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julie! Looks amazing! Love the natural decor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy! Hope you are doing well and enjoying your farm!

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful venue!!! You cannot beat the combination of a fall wedding with cozy farmhouse charm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are absolutely right; I completely agree with you that wedding is a special day for every bride and groom. They want everything perfect for their wedding and this is the reason we decided to book only one among high end wedding venues NYC so everything is flawless.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.