Thursday, October 8, 2015

My Sister's Bedroom: Before and After (A Must See!)

OMGoodness! I'm in love with my sister's "new" room! She added a wood plank accent wall, painted the room and all of her furniture, added new sconces , hung a new curtain rod and new curtains.

Here it is now - the after:



And here is the room before:


I love the light, airy feel of the room now. 


We actually have the same bed and bedside tables. When we purchased them (many years ago), the color was called "antique white." But, it was actually very cream - with yellow undertones. Over the years, they seem to have yellowed more. So, painting the furniture really made such a huge difference! (I can't wait to get after mine! :)


Our Mom made this sweet pillow...



Our Mom also made the linen bedding... 



I hope you enjoyed seeing this bedroom makeover! 
Thank you, Jodi, for sharing it with us. 

I'm currently working on our main floor bathroom. You may recognize one of the design elements from this bedroom... Can't wait to share it with you in the near future!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Xo

Sharing with:
French Country Cottage

12 comments:

  1. So pretty!!! I love neutrals!!! The cane bed is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great makeover, love the plank wall. Beautiful linen bedding by your mom, goes perfectly with the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the planking! We are doing some walls in our house and in our beach condo.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful makeover!! Her room was already so pretty and now it looks fresh too. I love the combination of the wood planking with the ruffled bedding.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! I love the planked wall and the beautiful bed. I liked the "before" pic too though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a wonderful room, I so love the ship lapped wall her bed gets to rest on... The sconces are perfect, and I bet she loves walking into this space often. So sweet that your mom added her beauty into the room.
    I have to add some wood to my walls, it's just so comforting and this sister of yours inspires just that.
    Love her French cane bed. Sweet dreams to your sister.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous - ( I loved it both ways actually ) that's a gorgeous bed - and that pillow your Mom made is beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every detail is beautiful! Well done! I invite you to share this stunning room at my Making Broken Beautiful Party. It runs every Thursday thru Sunday! Please come spread some inspiration! http://thecuratorscollection.wordpress.com

    Smiles!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful bed! Are there directions somewhere to make these?

    Tiffany @ teediddlydee.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.