Thursday, February 11, 2016

Repurposing Farmhouse Items...

When we moved here two years ago, we discovered a few horse jump pieces had been left in the arena, including the red "X" below. 

When considering what items we had on-hand, that I could use for simple Valentines touches, I thought the chippy X would make a cute "Xo" (kiss, hug) message on our entryway dresser.




Other farmhouse items that I'm partial to, are galvanized buckets or pails. I love the contrast of casual, rustic containers with beautiful, delicate flowers.


Is everyone else ready for spring? 

If we put out flowers, will spring come sooner?!

(Please, let's try.)

Then, there are ladders. They add architectural detail, more rustic charm, and are great for hanging linens. 

And what's not to love about benches that double as coffee tables? :)


I'm off to help our Kindergartner with his Valentines box. 
(Think shoe box turned basketball court...wish me luck.)

Thank you for stopping by. 

Hope you have a LOVE-ly weekend and happy Valentine's Day!

Xo



16 comments:

  1. it's great you had the foresight to save that red X. I love old pieces with history. very pretty rooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just knew it would come in handy one day (even if it was 2 years later :). Thank you so much! Have a great weekend...

      Delete
  2. Love love, the X' and O
    They are perfect art pieces that add all the rightness to a Valentine theme and lots of Hugs and Kisses year around. It's really a family piece that shows how much LOVE there is here at your little farmstead.

    You inspired me to add some more salvage in creating an X and O

    Xox
    Dire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's great Dore! I will look forward to seeing your creations!

      Delete
  3. I like how you used that X indoors! It's already perfectly distressed too. I remember those days of helping my kids with their Valentines Day cards for classmates etc. Those days are long gone for me now. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly... I know, this is the first year our oldest didn't do valentines. It goes by too quickly!

      Delete
  4. The red cross always reminds me of the cross that Jesus had to bear. The ultimate gift of love. Wishing you and your family a blessed Valentine's Day. Thank you for brightening my day with your sweet blog.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love that and will never look at the "X" the same again. Yes, Jesus has given us forgiveness, new life, grace and His unfailing love. Now that's one valentine! :) Thank you for your kindness to me always. Xo

      Delete
  5. So cute!!! Love repurposing ideas!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and happy valentine's day to you as well! :)

      Delete
  6. I Love the red X paired with the little O...perfect and so fun!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am doing tulips right now, too...and I have a gray hutch...and i WANT a red X...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all love your red X. It's the kind of thing the rest of us would have to buy somewhere and pay plenty for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you get that sofa? I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.