Monday, May 19, 2014

A Vintage Farmhouse Baby Shower!


On Saturday, we celebrated a sweet mom, who is new to the area, and her baby girl on the way! Though the couple has a cute little boy, this is their first baby girl. So of course we had to go all out girly at the shower! 

My hope was to create a farmhouse feel with a vintage flair… A simple, but special, backdrop where people would feel welcome and relaxed as we celebrated this gift of a new life.


Image by Gladwin Johnson

  Image by Julie
  Image by Julie



This 100-year-old cradle welcomed guests to the porch.

 Image by Julie


  Image by Julie

I loved the Pom Poms in blush and gold tones by Paperwhite Designs. You can find them here. (The round-edge ones were my favorite since they reminded me of peonies.)


  Image by Julie 

The sweet baby dresses were found at an antique store in Snohomish. I liked the vintage touch they added to the party. They were strung from twine and hung with clothespins, to give the feel of an old-fashioned clothesline.   


Image by Gladwin Johnson

  Image by Julie

This picture was taken before all the food arrived but it shows the burlap "Baby Girl" banner that was hung from the table.



Image by Gladwin Johnson

Image by Julie

For flowers, I used simple bouquets of lilac and
lavender from our garden. The scent was a bonus!

 Image by Julie 


Little baby shoes were hung from the fabric tied garland.

Image by Gladwin Johnson
Image by Gladwin Johnson

Image by Gladwin Johnson

Image by Gladwin Johnson

Image by Gladwin Johnson
So many amazing ladies brought food! Look at this rustic cheese tray on chalkboard slate, complete with cheddar-with-chocolate-shavings cheese!


 Image by Julie 


Image by Julie
These cute Baby Guesses cards are from Dear Lillie. You can find them here.



  Image by Julie 

Extra seating on the back porch…

  Image by Julie

For favors, guests took a flower seed pocket as they left the party. Find out how to make them here.


  Image by Julie


  Image by Julie


Now that was a serious dose of pictures! Do you feel like you were here?! : )

Hope your week is off to a great start!

xo















4 comments:

  1. This is beyond adorable!!! I love all the little details you added. Where on earth did you find the beautiful table cloths you used for both of the tables? I've been looking for the same type but have not had any luck finding them with that length. I just found your blog from a pin on pinterest, I'm off to check out the rest of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Shannon! The table cloth on the food table was a gift from my Mom. She custom made it for us to get the right length. I'm very appreciative! If you're a sewer, I'll tell you that my Mom recently purchased a "ruffler" attachment for her sewing machine. She said it makes all the difference!

    The other ruffled table cloth is actually two ruffled bed skirts, layered on top of each other : ) Sometimes you can find them in second hand stores VERY reasonably!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you for this great read. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    farmhouse curtains

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking at your articles and I think this is one of the most important pieces of information for me, and if you are looking for any kind of tents in sudia arabia then Car Parking Shades Neom available at aljazeeraint are the best choice to go to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.