Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Hens Are In Their House!

Hooray(!) for small miracles. I was beginning to wonder if we would ever get the chicken coop cleaned out. The "girls" are loving the space (at least we think they are - hard to tell with chickens).

We still need to work on the outside of the coop and the chicken run. I'll post pics when it's all ready (don't hold your breath… still could be awhile… try not to let the anticipation get to you).

For now…





They grow fast! Remember their baby chick photo shoot?




The Silkies are the smallest and really sweet natured.


Happy almost long weekend!

xo

2 comments:

  1. How adorable, I've always wanted chickens. Hopefully someday I'll have my own little farm, in the meantime I'll live vicariously through your blog ;)
    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon - I hope you get your little farm when the time is just right! I was thinking the other day that our little farmstead is really a dream come true - but I'm glad we got it when we did… I may have felt a little overwhelmed sooner, given the ages of our boys, life situations, etc. Looking back, each place we have lived represents a special season in life, where we can't go back but we get to take the memories with us. Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.