Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Country Summer Table Setting...

Happy July! 

Yesterday it happened. The moment I'd been waiting for. It felt like summer. It hit 90 degrees (not a real frequent thing here in Seattle). 

I sat on the porch with a cup of coffee and watched the boys, armed with water balloons, run around the front yard. 

Our youngest crawled up on my lap with a popsicle. Time slowed. The air was warm and still. It smelled like summer. : ) Ahhhhhhh.

We are thankful for this first summer here at our little farmstead

I've been looking forward to setting a table outdoors beyond the porch...



I used mismatched, rustic seating.


The antique baby scale (I scored at a yard sale!) is great for flowers or as a unique fruit basket.



I saw this idea of a Vintage Handkerchief Garland in this month's Country Living magazine.



We are enjoying the many lavender plants on the property. 

Except for the smell of a newborn baby's head, you really can't beat the smell of fresh lavender! : )


This sweet little vintage ironing board was a cast-off I rescued by the side of the road. 

When I spotted the "Free" sign by this little treasure, my heart skipped a beat. (My husband's did not, but he still obliged and popped a "u-ee" to get me there. Thanks honey - you're the best! ; )

It makes a cute little plant stand.

I hope you are enjoying the week so far. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.