Saturday, December 27, 2014

It's Beginning to look a lot like AFTER Christmas...


My son and I returned a few things to the store yesterday. A cluster of three artificial trees caught my eye. They were stripped of all ornaments and so sad looking - one even had a branch falling off. Store shelves were bare and everyone looked SO tired! 

I almost laughed out loud, but I was tired too. 

At home, our Christmas decorations are starting to eyeball me. 
I'm wondering, when do you take your Christmas decorations down?



I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! If this year was a difficult one for you - 
you made it through. I pray that next year will be better...

In our home, we faced a difficult situation leading up to Christmas. So, I wasn't sure what to expect. I wanted so badly for our children (and even for myself!) to experience the wonder of Christmas. We can always hope for joy (perhaps we can choose it). 

And joy came. 

As I looked down our church row on Christmas Eve, time seemed to stand still... all those candles held in hands of my precious family and friends. It was a reverent moment when our thoughts turned toward our Savior, who came for us.

I was thankful that each family member was well enough to attend. Grateful that this year, there were no strained relationships. Those are the best gifts. They can't be wrapped up in beautiful packaging, but they mean the most.

Thank you for stopping by today.

I hope to be back tomorrow with a fun idea for New Year's!

xo




8 comments:

  1. Isn't that the truth--Amen! When we focus on the Lord, even for a tiny moment, everything else just tends to fade into the background, and we get a little reprieve from our troubles. I pray that your difficult situation is resolved and that 2015 is your best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mimi... Yes! Our prayers were answered beyond what I could've imagined. Wishing you all the best for a blessed 2015 as well. xo

      Delete
  2. You got a great shot of that tree! I didn't put up a tree this year. Just put out some little vignettes. Already put them up though.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda ~ you are on top of it! I just started putting things away today... but it will take me a few days still... Hope you are recovering well!

      Delete
  3. My decor started staring me in the face as well. Yesterday I winterized my kitchen table and today I decorated the mantle for New Years. I am thinking I might start putting away the trees tomorrow. Sometimes I wait until after the New Year, but kind of in the 'cleaning' mood. lol! glad to hear that you had a joyous Christmas. Hope that the New year will bring lots of joy and happiness!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right there with you Jann! I love decorating for the holidays... but it feels so good to clean and de-clutter after the busy season. I decorated our mantel for New Year's today too! :) Looking forward to seeing yours! Happy 2015!

      Delete
  4. I soooo LOVE this holiday season that the decorations go up immediately after Halloween and remain for the month of January. This year, however, I am a bit anxious to 'move on' with other things. Not sure why, but, will start the 'undecorating' on New Year's Day.
    LOVE your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took mine down the day after. Had a great time decorating, best in years but started at Thanksgiving and was ready for a change. Wendy J

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.