Monday, November 21, 2016

Grain Sack for Christmas and a Magazine Feature!

This is a good, but busy, week around here.... Parent-teacher conferences (half days of school), getting ready to host Thanksgiving, a 5th grade World Fair, a 1st grade Thanksgiving party, and decorating our home for Christmas. Did I mention that over the weekend I decided to take on a project in our living room? The timing just felt right. ;)

I'm guessing I'm in good company with you all. 

I look forward to sharing our living room project with you soon. But today, I thought I'd share one of my favorite things to decorate with at Christmastime...
European grain sacks.

I love the pops of red that grain sack pillows add to our mostly neutral decor... 


I've been searching for a long grain sack to use as a runner on our dining room table. I recently found a French one, in pristine condition, at a vintage sale. Can't wait to share it with you when we decorate our dining room for Christmas after Thanksgiving.


And just a couple of days ago, we received happy mail from the Czech Republic. Thank you to the lovely writers and editors at Marianne Bydleni for featuring our farmhouse Christmas in their December issue!


While I don't speak (or read) Czech, I do "read" in pictures... and this is a beautiful magazine. It is an honor to be included. Below are a few images...



The best part was when I showed our three sons. They looked at it quickly and then did a double-take when they saw their pictures in the magazine. It's not every day... :)


I hope you're enjoying the start of the holiday season. I'm so glad you stopped by today. It means so much to me that you would share a few minutes of your time...

Xo



13 comments:

  1. The magazine layout certainly captured your style and even though the words escape us, the images speak volumes:-) Well done! Can we buy that magazine here in the U.S.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Mary! I'm not sure if it's available here in the US... I will check out Barnes n Noble's international magazine section to see. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the magazine feature! The photos look amazing and capture the beauty of farmhouse living. I ordered two grain sack pillows with a red stripe and I can't wait to dress up my sofa with them. Good luck with your super busy week and I look forward to seeing your living room project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bet you will love your new pillows! I enjoyed seeing your beautiful Thanksgiving table setting.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the feature! I wish I could find a grain sack with that red stripe myself.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend. The hunt is on! If you find one for a decent price, snatch it up! :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations and Happy Thanksgiving, Julie. Cheers, Ardith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure appreciate your encouragement, Ardith. You are very kind. Happy Thanksgiving and have a blessed week!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the feature, it looks fabulous. Whilst we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in France, I am getting quite caught up in all the American festivities I read about and we shall spend a moment being grateful and thankful for so much tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I love that you will spend some time giving thanks... gratitude changes our perspective, doesn't it?

      Delete
  6. Your home is definitely magazine worthy! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Časopis jsem si dnes koupila a hned jsem musela navštívit váš blog.
    Fotografie farmy se mi moc líbily.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.