Friday, July 21, 2017

This one's for all you junk-lovin' pickers out there... {A Summer Discovery!}

My husband and three boys had come across some place they couldn't wait to take me back to, just 20 minutes from our house. (My reaction when we got there didn't disappoint them! :)

We drove down a beautiful country road, passing farms and pastures along the way. We came to little red farmhouse with a long, single level shop behind it. To the right was a shed, and to the left several outbuildings including a barn. As we drove into the driveway I got a glimpse into the shed, overflowing with antiques. This is what I saw...


And this...


I spoke with the couple who owned this farm (picker's heaven) and had lived there for many years. They welcomed us to look through all the buildings, explaining where all of the light switches were located. I asked if it was alright if I took some pictures. She didn't mind at all...



I've never seen such a collection of iron beds! (Not to mention chairs - hundreds of them!)






If you are ever in the Seattle area and want to stop by, you can find this place here!

Happy treasure hunting!

Xo

12 comments:

  1. omg I would love to get dropped off there for about a week or so, I would be in pickers heaven. We just do not have resources like that where I am. Thanks so much for sharing this divine place! Lisa @ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Since I had my family with me, I had to speed walk through the property... I'm sure I missed a lot. So much to take in! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. Was this visit to Cobweb Antiques?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a black twin bed like the fourth picture... If only I had that beige bench for my porch!!!!!! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I love black iron! And yes, that bench is darling - one of a kind!

      Delete
  5. Oh my, so many treasures! You didn't come home empty handed, did you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either... but I did. I didn't have a whole lot of time to look, and a couple of the pieces I was in search of were above my budget. But, I am happy to have found this place in case I "need" something specific in the future. Always fun to have sources. Hope you have a nice weekend and thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. This looks like the heaven on earth that we dream about. Happy picking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie! Wowsers! Wish this place was closer to me I'd probably be there once a week. Not only were the treasures amazing but that farm. A dream. I'll be watching to see what you snag when you go back for something you "need." Hugs, Pat at Bringing French Country Home

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really a pickers dream huh?! It's been a long time since Ive been to a place like that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.