Saturday, March 31, 2018

Happy Easter!


My dad used to travel to Eastern Europe where he'd teach at Bible schools and speak at churches. He would bring us back these beautiful hand-crafted eggs, and tell us about the people he'd met and the things God did.



Over the years, our boys have had fun hiding these eggs. Only one of our sons is still at the age where he loves this game, but we will all enjoy these little works of art for years to come. 

I sometimes wonder if our kids will one day say, "Remember those eggs Papa brought back?" Or, "Each year, our mom would put out these painted wooden eggs..." (See how I write myself into these stories? :)


There's something comforting and special about these little traditions. 

These eggs not only represent family, and people from other countries around the world, but they remind us of the Gospel message that was shared, and that has changed so many lives throughout history.


I'm so thankful that Jesus gave His life for you and me, and that He rose from the dead, conquering sin and death! 

He is light, and in Him there is no darkness. 

Hope you have a blessed, joyful Easter!

Xo

2 comments:

  1. Oh Julie what a sweet tradition. Those eggs are really pretty and soo special that they were handmade and brought back by your dad. I know your boys will remember these beautiful memories of their childhood Easter's. My two daughter's are grown and still like to do the Easter Egg Hunt. So tomorrow my two granddaughters and my two daughters and SIL will all hunt for Easter Eggs. So sometimes they do not out grow the traditions. Happy Easter.
    xoxo
    kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris! I love hearing that your daughters and now their daughters hunt for eggs. That gives me hope for traditions to live on! :) Hope you have a wonderful Easter! Xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.