Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Christmas Eve Table is Set!

Merry Christmas!

I hope you are hanging in there and enjoying the special moments of this season. We have been "sleepless in Seattle"  this week - our boys with anticipation and me with a to-do list that won't stop. So, while I am cherishing Christmas time, I think we're just about ready for the big day to arrive! ;)


Tonight, loved ones will gather at our home for dinner. Then we'll bundle up and head to church for the candlelight Christmas service.


I used simple, natural elements with candles on the tables. One of our boys told me it looked like I spilled something on the table (the cranberries). Children help keep us humble and smiling, don't they? (The same child seemed to approve of the table setting when he spotted cookies on the kids' table...)





On the kids' table, we added some some gingerbread snowmen and brown paper packages tied up with string. ;) 


Inside the packages are a variety of games - Chinese checkers, a "Jenga" tower type game, checkers and chess. I was excited when I found the games at Michaels, marked down to just $2.50 each. So, if the kids finish dinner first, maybe they'll play a game or two! (Or maybe that is wishful thinking. 5 out of 6 are boys and it is Christmas Eve.)






Celebrating the Light of the World, the King of Kings, who was born in a humble stable. I'm so thankful He came for us. His birth changed everything...

Have a blessed Christmas!

Xo

Sharing with:

9 comments:

  1. Your home look's sooooo festive and inviting !!! Have a Merry Christmas Eve and Day . Enjoy the evening. Tammy❤️🌲

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks beautiful, Julie. I hope all of you have a very joyful Christmas Eve and Day. Cheers, Ardith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your family--
    have enjoyed reading all your posts and seeing all your photos-
    smiles, di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your beautiful home always cheers me while I dream of living more rural and living off the land. Hoping your holidays are lovely and the new year brings you joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful table! I love the natural green wreaths you made and the little stars with initials for each plate. Yes, children have a way of saying things that are honest. My 14 year old hates all the pillows on our sofa and doesn't understand why I have them there. He throws them off every time he sits down. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! The childen's table is a great idea too. We had Christmas Eve at my sister's home two streets away last night, with over 25 family including 4 great nieces and a great nephew. The younger ones always have so much energy. It seems like just yesterday that our older teens and young adults were running around just like them. Today we hosted Christmas dinner and now we are just relaxing and a little bit too full. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that you can have two tables set up in your beautiful dining room! And beautiful tables they are! So elegant in simplicity. It's still Christmastime to me! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tables are beautiful, and I love that you placed two table side by side. You entertained a good sized group in your gorgeous country home. I can just imagine dining in front of those large windows with the beautiful countryside just outside. Thanks for inviting us for a peek. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply charming Julie! Believe it or not I have been down sick since Christmas Eve! Just now getting better! Haven't had our Christmas yet! Oh boy! Take care,Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.