Thursday, June 30, 2016

A Farmhouse Style Fourth of July


Hi Friends!

I hope you are doing well.

This year, we brought our vintage flag indoors, for some red, white 
and blue patriotism in our white farmhouse dining room. 


The flag catches me off-guard every time I round the corner, 
but we're enjoying having it inside for a change. 


I wanted to see how much red, white and blue we actually had 
and use it, front and center, for the fourth. 



It may come as no surprise that I had plenty of white. :) 
But, I was surprised by the red and blue we had...even stripes!



It felt good to use what we already had for a soft, aged 4th of July palette.

Do you have much red, white and blue in your home? 
Do you decorate for the Fourth?

I hope you have a happy and safe holiday weekend, 
celebrating this land that we love!

Xo

Sharing with:

11 comments:

  1. I'm celebrating Canada Day today. 149 years young!
    Happy Fourth to you on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Canada Day Pamela! I've been blessed to visit the beautiful cities of Vancouver, Whistler, Victoria and Montreal. You live in a wonderful country with friendly people. Grateful to have you as our neighbor to the north! 😉

      Delete
  2. Looks great! You're all ready to entertain now.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Julie. Have a safe and happy 4th too.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris! Hope you have a great long weekend!

      Delete
  4. Julie, I was entranced by your "fake shiplap" project and would like to copy it (although mine would be an entire wall 13'X8'). Can you tell me if this is the underlayment you bought at Home Depot? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Underlayment-Common-7-32-in-x-4-ft-x-8-ft-Actual-0-196-in-x-48-in-x-96-in-431178/203183010.
    If not, is there any chance that you could locate what you used on their website and send the link to me? As for the nickle spacing, is it left open?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Glenda, yes, that is what I used. And that is correct, you leave the spaces open. Let me know how it turns out!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your help - and for your inspiration. Hopefully we (my handyman and I) can accomplish this within the next month or so. I'm sprucing up the master bedroom before my autumn guests arrive. So much to do, such limited budget.

      I enjoy your blog - one of four that I follow daily! Keep sharing the inspiration.

      Delete
    3. That means so much to me! Thank you, Glenda! :)

      Delete
  5. Happy 4th of July Julie,
    Love all your touches of red, white, and blue here, and the flag draped over the mirrors center staging your place of dinning is fabulous.
    See you and your creative beauty soon.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.