Friday, July 10, 2015

Rustic 3-Tier {Cupcake} Stand


Rustic elegance. Simple indulgence. Natural beauty. 
These tiered stands are fun to make and easy on the pocketbook...



If you, or someone you know, is cutting down a tree, keep this project in mind! ;) 
Or, you can find wood rounds from craft stores or even through Craigslist or Etsy.

My sister's family needed to take down a tree in their yard, so she gave us some wood rounds (as well as some new stumps for our fire pit - - more on that later). 


Between the tiers, I affixed Dollar Tree candlesticks 
just like I did here, using E6000 adhesive. 


From what I've heard, it's difficult to cut wood rounds completely level 
(think of how relatively thin they are, while being cut with a chainsaw). 

You may need to use a little creativity to make your tiers level. 
I tucked a small piece of folded burlap between one of the 
candlesticks and the wood round to help level one of the tiers.

When wood rounds dry (especially the thinner ones), they often crack. 
If the cracks bother you, use greenery to conceal them...




What are you busy creating (or dreaming of creating) these days?!

Thank you for stopping by!

Xo

Sharing with:
French Country Cottage
Thoughts from Alice
Cozy Little House
The Scoop
Amaze Me Monday
Savvy Southern Style
Share Your Style

30 comments:

  1. Love love love this! very creative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


      Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

      ff.

      Delete
  2. I Love this! It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that Karen! Hope your weekend is going well. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the rustic elegance of this, Julie! You are right, it IS hard to cut wood like that. They have wood slices online at Save-On-Crafts but dang, they're pricey! Yours look really great. And your cupcakes look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably also depends on where you live... when we lived in Southern California, I don't think I ever knew someone who cut down a large tree... Here in the Pacific Northwest, we have so many trees - often some of the ones closest to homes need to come down over time. I've also noticed wood rounds are being used for wedding decor so they are sold on Craigslist for a reasonable price - at least near us. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I pined this because I love the contrast of the rustic with the delicacy of the cupcakes. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so clever to come up with this idea. I love the contrast between the glass candlesticks and the rustic wood slices. I have seen those wood slices for sale at craft stores too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it - so simple, attractive & easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I love this idea. It is so simple, but makes a beautiful statement....

    Have a great week!
    -Heather
    www.stringtownhome.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Will be featuring you tomorrow at Sundays at Home! Thanks for linking up Julie! Beautiful photos too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, what a nice surprise! Thanks so much Alice. Hope your summer is going well!

      Delete
  9. Love this so much! I also love the simple and fresh way you incorporated the greenery and decorated your cupcakes. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it's funny looking back, I guess pairing the green branches with the wood wasn't really my idea... God came up with that one! ;)

      Delete
  10. This is absolutely fabulous! I just had to pop over and check it out from your feature at Cozy Little House. I am in love and now I'm scanning my yard for a tree that looks like it might need to go! ;-) Just kidding. Sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is really fantastic...so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! Definitely making this for my wedding in July. Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this!! What height are your candlesticks?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for writing such a beautiful informative blog. We are a Luxury Rigid Box Manufacturer from India. We ship luxury boxes & rigid boxes all over the world.Luxury Rigid Boxes

    Luxury Rigid Box Manufacturer

    Luxury Gift Boxes India

    Innovative Packaging Boxes

    Luxury Packaging Boxes



    luxury packaging boxes

    ReplyDelete
  15. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    W6.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What sizes did you use for the wood rounds?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.