Friday, August 29, 2014

Hydrangea & Antler Wreath...

Hi there!

If you've stopped by recently, you may know that I've been on a bit of a hydrangea-drying kick. You can see more about that here.

So now, the fun part… how to use all those gorgeous dried hydrangeas! 

I just made this hydrangea and antler fall wreath for our door! I love its fullness.


Not counting the antlers, it cost about $8 for the straw wreath and greenery pins! At a florist, this would cost at least $60, easy.

And it couldn't be simpler to make! Just use greenery (or U) pins from the craft store to pin your dried flowers (the stems) into a straw wreath form. It's fun and fast!

I needed a few more hydrangeas and my neighbor kindly said of her hydrangea plants, "Oh honey, take whatever you want." (What a dream-maker! ;) I'll make her one too!


More fall decorating coming soon!

I want to thank Cozy Little HouseFishtail CottageThe Shabby Nest and Tater Tots & Jello for including Little Farmstead on their blogs! I hope you'll visit these creative blogs...

Have a wonderful day!

xo

13 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,

    Coming over from Brenda's today, and so glad I did! What a wonderful way to welcome autumn with your hydrangea antler wreath, allowing you to remember also the days when this pretty flower was in its prime! Your porch is pretty and inviting. Thanks for sharing and happy weekend!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Poppy! I'm so glad you stopped by and I appreciate your kind comments!

      Delete
  2. Hi therel..

    I came to visit from over at Brenda's CLH.. Nice to meet ya. My name is Sonny. Love that wreath~! soooooooooooooooo pretty....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonny - thank you!! Have a great weekend and I hope you'll stop by again :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I'm so glad that I found your blog! Brenda from Cozy Little House sent me over. I love your style. I'm a huge fan of grey and white with white slipcovered furniture too. So I feel a connection to your spaces. Wish I lived on that much property! I'm also a mother of boys. I will be following your blog in the future. Love your homemade hydrangea wreath too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! I'm so glad you stopped by and took the time to leave a comment. Have fun with those boys :) and a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  4. BEAUTIFUL wreath...I love it!! Saw you being featured at Brenda's today... just added you to my sidebar :-)
    Stop on by when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Martina! I just stopped by your blog and love your painted furniture! You have the touch! Have a great Saturday!

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous home and a beautiful blog! I saw your feature over at Cozy Little House and thought I'd stop by--and I'm so glad I did! Lovely work all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello...I'm Robyn and I made my way here through Brenda's blog over at Cozy Little House...I love your wreath...just love your whole blog really! I will be visiting again and will be looking forward to more fall decorations from you! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robyn - thank you for your kind words and encouragement! I do hope you'll visit again!

      Delete
    2. I will be visiting regularly...you are now in my favorites! =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.