Sunday, December 13, 2015

Christmas in the Dining Room (And a Christmas Gift DIY)

Welcome!

Today I'm sharing some pictures of our dining room, simply decorated for Christmas. I wanted to keep a light and airy feel in this room, keeping decorations to a minimum. 

I am looking forward to adding some whimsy and wonder to our Christmas Eve table, when we'll be hosting family for dinner. Until then, just a few touches to add a little merry to this room...



Poinsettias have never been my favorite. 
But this one, a pale vintage shade, is winning me over!




I think mason jar stemware would make a wonderful Christmas gift, and it's so easy to make! Find the DIY here.



Glittery bulbs and simple, beautiful candlelight in a 
humble mason jar for a farmhouse feel...


All is calm... for now! Looking forward to making more memories at this table soon...


 Hope you are enjoying the season! Have a blessed Sunday...

Xo

9 comments:

  1. It is a quiet and rainy Sunday here. I love your mason jar stemware. I love the simplicity of your farmhouse setting. Now THIS is more what real farmhouses look like!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and elegant and I love the color of those poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is lovely! I love the look of the poinsettia in the bucket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie - you won the giveaway to Castle and Cottage on Fishtail Cottage's blog! Congratulations - please email me with your contact information to forward! Thank you so much for entering! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dining room is always so pretty. I love the mantel in there! It makes a great place to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dinning room is looking oh so pretty and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas. I wanted to keep a light and airy feel in this room, keeping decorations to a minimum. ebay amazing deals

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Julie, this is what the season of Christmas is or should all be about.
    Your simple beauty is perfect, not one thing here is fighting for attention.
    I love the natural greenery you used for your seasonal decor, and everything is in its pale place down to the center piece.

    Really always enjoy my visits to your Farm of rural beauty with easy elegance.

    See you soon.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.