Monday, June 27, 2016

A Country Home Tour {Please Paint Me}



Welcome Friends!

I'm happy to share this tour of charming farmhouse images and thoughts, 

featuring Carleen of Please Paint Me.

If you'd like to see more, Carleen's home is featured in the

 Cottage White Magazine Summer 2016 issue.

Enjoy!





Where is this beautiful place that you call home located? 

We are located outside a small town called Olds Alberta, Canada.  



Who makes this house a home?

My husband and I have two boys. We have a dog and cat. We are working on building a fence for some farm animals this summer. It is so exciting for us! 



What do you love most about your house and property?

I love the mountain view, watching the wildlife, gardening with my mom 
and the slower pace in the country with my family.




My husband and I both grow up on cattle farms so living in the city 
wouldn't be for us. We love farm life and embracing our roots. 



What do you enjoy most about summer at home?

I feel our home is cozy and relaxing. We spend a lot of time in the yard in the summer. Morning coffee has always been a special time for our family. 
Before the day begins we take time to enjoy the morning together.



What is important to you about the look and feel of your home?

Our home is simple and relaxed, Not untouchable. I love mixing old with new for a fresh take on farmhouse style. I'm a neutral girl with well-worn decor. Many things in our home have been passed down from our farm or are pieces that my husband has made or salvaged from other farmhouses in the area. 



How did “Please Paint Me” start? 

Please Paint Me started 9 years ago. I stared painting furniture and selling it from our garage in town. I keep wanting to change the name since I do very little painting anymore. I mostly enjoy sharing our simple farmhouse life and hoping to inspire others to decorate without breaking the bank. I would love to change the name but haven't come up with anything yet. (Stay tuned :)





Would you tell us a little bit about the cute white outbuilding? What is it used for?


Our outbuilding started out as a joke. The little shed was from my family farm. It was the chicken house, growing up. When my sister and I moved to the country, my dad and my brother showed up one day with a shed for our new start in the country. The shed sat in the corner of the yard until we decided what to use it for. 


I added some detail and my husband painted it and fixed a few spots. Now we love our little shed. We use it for our garden tools.




Okay, what's not to love about that shed?! I'm also loving all the nature - flowers and plants - Carleen brings indoors. And the tradition of having morning coffee and starting the day together as a family... priceless!


If you'd like to keep in touch with Carleen and her farmhouse projects, you can find her on Instagram and Facebook.

Thanks for visiting!

Xo

Sharing with:



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Carleen with all of us. What a wonderful home. Love that white shed adorable.
    Have a great new week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed the tour Kris! Yes, it is a wonderful home!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for introducing her to us! I'll be sure to check out her sites. Her home is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. living where you do must be heaven. I love your little shed too. wow, free is good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.