Hope your week is going well!
Today, I thought I'd share some fun, easy and affordable party favors. You may have seen them on a table setting I did here.
Using camping-style enamelware mugs, these favors are perfect for summer!
They are very easy to assemble, and since succulents are such a hardy plant, your recipients don't even need to have green thumbs. ;)
Here's what you need:
- One flat of succulent garden tiles. I purchased mine from Lowes for $19.98. The flat could easily fill 25 camping mugs.
- Potting soil (and a large spoon or small shovel)
- Enamelware mugs (available many places, even some hardware stores)
- Optional: tags, twine, letter stamps and ink pad
1. Fill mugs with potting soil, up to one inch from the top of mug. (Soil will settle a bit once watered.)
2. You'll need to tear off a small section (approx. 3" x 3", though I just eyeballed it) of the succulent tile. You'll notice that there is a natural break between the roots of the succulents and the larger tile.
3. Plant your 3" x 3" succulents into the mug. Water.
4. If desired, stamp a message onto the tags and tie with twine.
Note: You may want to drill holes in the bottom of the mug for drainage. I didn't do this step because I figured the succulents would stay nice for several weeks with minimal watering, could be replanted and then the mug could be washed and used, if desired.
And that's all there is to it! This is a great project for little helpers to participate. Just give them a spoon and let them start filling the mugs with dirt!
Thank you for stopping by today. I appreciate you being here!