Monday, June 2, 2014

Our Rustic Roost...

Here it is…

The moment no one has been waiting for : )! Pictures of our chicken coop (in all its glory!)…

As background, it was actually my husband who persuaded me to keep the weathered appearance of the coop. 

I had already bought a gallon of white paint and was ready to start painting when he said to me, "You're going to paint it? I thought this is the rustic wood you actually look for!" 

It gave me pause. Maybe I was having a decorating crisis. My word. He was right! 

What one might call "dilapidated" I call "charming." Not "worn" but "weathered." Instead of "seen better days" I say "has a story to tell." (When you're looking in the face of imperfections, spin it sisters!)

So without further ado...



I love this sign I purchased from Pretty Bird Treasures


I made the rosettes on this wreath out of burlap and canvas.


We added a strand of cafe lights purchased from Pottery Barn.


Lavender plants to keep a pleasant scent : )







We replaced the light fixture with this barn light from Lowe's.


The girls are growing and seem to love the outdoor space. (Is that what you would guess from their expressions in this picture? Sometimes you have to read into things…)



Looking out from our upstair's window…

Goodnight John Boy…
xo


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.