Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Happiest Antiques Show On Earth! {Lots of Pictures!}

I really do think Farm Chicks IS the happiest antiques show on earth! It was so fun to attend the show this year with my sister, niece, mother-in-law and my husband's aunt and cousin. We bumped (almost literally!) into a few friends too, which was great.


Thank you to The Farm Chicks Co-Founder, Serena Thompson and Melaine over at My Sweet Savannah for the wonderful giveaway prizes I won (weekend passes and Farm Chicks spending money!). 

The inspiration this year didn't disappoint! There continued to be lots of chippy vintage and antique furniture, grain sack pillows, feed sack pillows, ladders and ruffles. I noticed an increase in wooden arrows (to hang on walls), antlers - some natural, many embellished, and reclaimed wood signs with fun quotes (or lyrics).


Here are some pictures from the show...



Talking with Serena was definitely a highlight! I have so much respect for her creativity and turning her dream of the "happiest antiques show on earth" into a reality!

Paper bag birdhouses created a welcoming entry to the show!








A touch of France!


Loved all the equestrian items... (I came home with a couple of horse show ribbons from the 1950's.)


One of the little treasures I brought home, hanging by our front door!

If you went to the show, I'd love to hear about your experience and any little (or big!) finds you brought home!

If you didn't make it this year… maybe next??!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.