Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Roses from the Garden...

There's a sweet and simple joy of bringing flowers in from the garden...

I remember when I was little and my Mom would go out to our garden in the morning. She'd cut a few roses, wrap the stems in wet paper towel and then tin foil. She'd send them with me to give to my teacher. They would always bring a smile from the teacher and I'd feel happy, having given them.


Though the weather forecast called for some sunshine, it ended up being a cool, gray day. Bringing in the first roses from our garden gave our home a little pop of color.


They smell so good! I made our boys stop to smell the roses. They were less-than-impressed, but I like to think of it as a mini life lesson. ;)



Here's to seeing the world through rose-colored glasses 
(even when skies are gray)...

So glad you stopped by!

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely colour on the rose! Wow!
    Your blog is so beautiful and full of inspiration...
    Have a great week,
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your roses are so pretty. They have a really nice shade of pink. It's nice they are fragrant too as sometimes nice looking roses aren't. I totally love your garland on the mantle, did you make it or by it somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this really brought back memories for me. My grandmother lived with us, and we had a lovely garden due to her. Every time the roses bloomed, she would do the same thing as your mom - cut, wrap in wet paper towels and foil, to be given to my teacher. I can remember walking to school carrying the roses, and the feel of the large thorns which always managed to prick my hands thru the foil. I am 60 years young, and it is always nice to have a forgotten memory resurface, thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The roses are so beautiful.I love your home and enjoy every post.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what beautiful rose colored glasses we are looking through.

    Really like shots in a magazine.

    Our roses here are late blooming, it's been our crazy winter into a crazy spring and now I am finally seeing some blooms.

    Beautiful days ahead of you.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the prettiest roses. I love that color. They look pretty mixed with the soft creams and greys on the mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty color...they look so pretty in your white ironstone pitchers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.