Monday, June 13, 2016

A Country Home Tour {Painted Goodness}



Peaceful. Light. Charming. Sun-Kissed. Farmhouse.

Just a few of the words I would use to describe the beautiful home of Rene from Painted Goodness. Her collected furnishings provide a backdrop full of weathered personality. It's the perfect home tour to kick off the summer!

Grab a cup of something good to sip, sit back, and enjoy the tour...




You don't live far from us! Please tell us where you live and what is the best part about living there?

We live in Snoqualmie, Washington, an old mill town and home to a historic train museum. We get to live the quiet country life here with gorgeous views and plenty of wildlife but close enough to enjoy city life as well.




Who makes this house a home?

My family makes this house a home and includes: My husband (and best friend) Randy, my stepson Dylan, our 3 labs, Daisy (14), Max (12) and Rocky (10) and our cat Dexter. 




How did you find your house and what drew you to it?

We are renters, so we came across our home via craigslist. It is a cute old 3 bedroom home built in 1920. It was run down and in desperate need of some TLC (which is my favorite kind of house). I loved that it was an older home with the original interior doors and glass door knobs but what sealed the deal was the view of the river out our bedroom windows. I love a project and a home with character.  We were so blessed since our landlord paid us to put down new flooring and do some basic fixes. He also allowed us to fix up the house the way we wanted, which was a major bonus for us since my husband and I both enjoy making improvements and doing home projects. Being able to put our stamp on it and truly making it home has been so awesome!




As a missionaries' child we moved a lot and one thing my Mother taught me was that no matter where, or how long or short you live in a house, always make it beautiful and always make it home! She always created a beautiful home for us even in the worst places. I have never forgotten that.





What has been your favorite decorating or DIY project you've done in your home to date?

That's a hard one, I have so many! But if I had to choose I'd have to say the kitchen since it was in the worst shape. Imagine a kitchen from the 1980's, yes, that bad! Adding beadboard backsplash, painting the cabinets and walls, adding open shelving a new light fixture, a new sink faucet and changing out some of the dated appliances made all the difference!






You have so many unique accessories in your home. Where are some of your favorite places to "treasure hunt?"

Oh boy! My favorite thing to do other than decorate is treasure hunting! I love to browse antique stores, second hand stores, craigslist, offer up and etsy.





What inspires your creativity in your home?

My love for my family and wanting to create a beautiful place where friends and family feel welcome. I also love being creative, and my mind is always churning with ideas! My home is my creative outlet. 






Is there anything else you would like to share about yourself to help readers get to know you a little bit better?

I was born and raised in Cape Town South Africa until my parents entered the mission field. From then on we lived mostly in Central Asia. As a teenager it was very tough on me having to live in a third world country where no one spoke my language and everything was strange and different. But, it made me the person I am today. I am so grateful to God for those life changing experiences.






One of my favorite parts of this interview was when Rene said, "As a missionaries' child we moved a lot and one thing my Mother taught me was that no matter where, or how long or short you live in a house, always make it beautiful and always make it home! She always created a beautiful home for us even in the worst places. I have never forgotten that."

I love how Rene's mom recognized the importance of creating a safe little refuge for her family. That must have brought a sense of comfort to Rene and her family while they were living in remote and unfamiliar places.

Wasn't it also encouraging to hear Rene's attitude of thankfulness for those hard times, which she recognizes made her into the person she is today? Love that.

To see more of Rene's home, you can find her on 
Instagram here. And on Facebook here.

Thank you for visiting!

Xo

Sharing with:






4 comments:

  1. Rene's home is truly charming. Love the way she and her husband has made the house a home of their own with all their creative hard work.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Mary Alice! Thanks for your kind words. Hope you have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love how she decorated her home! I love her style. She had so many things I like in it. I enjoyed the interview and learning more about her and her family. Thanks for introducing her to us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed the tour Kelly! Yes, you will love her IG feed! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.