Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Fall at the Farmhouse Home Tour...

I've been looking forward to this tour ever since my friend, Brenda, over at Cozy Little House asked if I'd like to participate. I loved her idea of a "blogger seasonal harvest tour because we are so thankful for our readers."

We moved here, to our little farmstead, three years ago this fall. I remember walking around the property, watching our three young boys explore, and whispering prayers of thanks. I would just about fall over when I'd hear myself say, "He's out in the barn." Because you guys. We had a barn. :)


For years, my husband and I had been dreaming of a place where we could own a little piece of land (and maybe even a barn). We hoped and prayed for a country setting, just past the city limits, where we could raise our three sons with room to roam. 


It's been more wonderful (and more work ;) than we could've imagined. 

Shortly after moving in, I began blogging about farmhouse living and home decorating. Through this blog, I have been so blessed to "meet" you - farm girls (or farm girls at heart), city dwellers, artists, moms, DIYers, gardeners, grandmothers, bakers, writers, designers and nesters. Some really great people.


Forgive me for having you stand on the porch! Please come in...
(I shared our fall entryway, family room and dining room here.)


I love the quote by William Nicholson, "We read to know we're not alone." That has been one of the joys of blogging. Reading your comments, your blogs, and your Instagram posts inspire me. And it means so much to me that you would take moments of your day to read my posts. Thank you.


I wish we could have each of you over for dinner. 

And if we weren't using paper plates, the table might look something like this... 


I couldn't let you leave without seeing the autumn show outdoors...




The picture of our boys (ages 10, 7 and 4) below was taken one week after we moved here, on Thanksgiving morning. It's like they've shifted one place to the left... Our littlest is now 7, our middle 10, and our oldest will turn 13 later this month. 


So here I sit, teary-eyed and grateful.

Please go ahead and visit the lovely homes on the rest of the tour (links below). 

I'm coming too. I just need to grab a tissue... ;)

Xo



Today's Tours:
Little Farmstead (That's me!)


Monday:

Tuesday:


Sharing with:

32 comments:

  1. So lovely, Julie...such a sweet photo of your boys...and I love your front porch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I really enjoyed seeing your lovely home at fall!

      Delete
  2. So lovely, Julie...such a sweet photo of your boys...and I love your front porch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Love that. You keep me in mind next time you're in the Seattle area. Seriously. :)

      Delete
  4. Fall perfection and all ready for Fall!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie I just love your little farmstead! It has been fun following along with you as you make it your home for your three boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pamela! I appreciate that and LOVE your new farmhouse. It's looking SO good!

      Delete
  6. Julie- your home is so pretty and the memories you are creating are precious. Our children are similar in age. my twins are 8 and my oldest is 10. I look back at pictures similar to yours where they are barefoot and so small and now they are still barefoot just bigger. Happy fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love this Laura! It's so true - - they're just bigger bare feet! LOL

      Delete
  7. I love your pretty and cozy home Julie-so filled with love and care and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love yours so much! There are a few pictures I just wanted to keep staring at. Is that weird? :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Julie - What a beautiful home you have - and you are so blessed to live in a place where you have space to roam! I have never regretted for one second my move from NYC to the mountains - there's nothing quite like walking out your door and embracing the nature you are surrounded with on your own little plot of heaven on earth!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss! And thank you. Enjoy fall in your sweet mountain home!

      Delete
  9. The ladder on your front porch is amazing. I may have to move mine from the back to the front now after seeing this! Thank you for taking us on a tour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great location, family and home you've found and made your own, Julie! Happy to meet you on this blog journey, and this party particularly. I've been enjoying all of the participants' posts.
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Rita! Thank you for stopping by. I've been enjoying the tours too! :)

      Delete
  11. Your home is beautifully designed, and looks so welcoming♥


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Summer! I hope you're enjoying fall so far!

      Delete
  12. I love your decor, but the photo of your boys is the best!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie,
    Swooning and pinning away with your fall tour. Your home is just gorgeous. Loving all these beautiful fall tours.
    Hugs,
    Kris
    PS your boys are adorable in that picture. Ahhhhh memories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your simple decor is cozy, inviting and adorable! I love your front porch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous! I can't believe you've only been there a year. Wow. Enjoy your farm, it's easy to see that your boys already do!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I realized I came over here yesterday and somehow forgot to comment! I'm going in too many directions! That photo of your boys is priceless! I'd be framing that one! I love how you worded this post too. And you know I love your farm!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. I share your love of farm life, and am so glad my kids all grew up in the country too. Your home looks so lovely and cozy - pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a beautiful property! love the entry with the tiered pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely porch...and your photos are wonderful. Oh kids...they just grow up! ha ha Mine are mid thirties now and I still get teary eyed. :-) Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's always darling at your house. Great post. I'd love to have a barn. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your home is beautiful and your fall front porch is so welcoming. Love how you used the ladder.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.