Thursday, December 8, 2016

A Farmhouse Christmas Dining Room...

I hope you are doing well and enjoying this beautiful season. 

It is such a special time of year, but it can also be so packed-full! There are days, and those nights (when your head hits the pillow but your eyes open wide), when you wonder how you will get it all done. 

But you will friend. 

Now say it to me. ;)

And if we don't get it all done... we'll learn to have more grace with others, 
and perhaps even with ourselves.


This is the first year we have a Christmas tree in the dining room. It's one we brought back from the mountains (just a 2-year-old tradition, but becoming one of our favorites!).

 

I found this antique mop bucket at a thrift store awhile back, and couldn't resist its weathered-green patina.


The runner is made of an extra long, vintage French grain sack that I found at a vintage market. My mom was kind enough to open it up and finish the edges.


And the scroll is from Cottonwood Shanty. I just love the design, and the reminder of why we celebrate Christmas. I use the back of the scroll for my never-ending to-do list. Kidding! But, the thought has crossed my mind...


You'll notice the table is not set. I look forward to sharing a fun table setting with you soon, but I'm still dreaming it up. :)

What are you dreaming up these days?

I'd love to hear.

Thank you for stopping by!

Xo


5 comments:

  1. I am loving what you have done with your dining room. Such a pretty tree! There really is so much to do with a young family. And we are so ambitious! But you have the perfect attitude. Joy to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacqueline. Merry Christmas to you and your family! Will you be traveling or having people come to you this year?

      Delete
  2. I love the simple tree in the dining room. My motto this Christmas, "Classic and Stylish entertaining can be easily achieved with simplicity." We haven't even started decorating here in France yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! I forgot how the festivities start a lot closer to Christmas there. I love your motto. Joyeux Noel!

      Delete
  3. Your dining room looks so peaceful and serene. I love your tree too. What a fun tradition to go get your own tree to the mountains! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.