Thursday, March 2, 2017

Spring at the Farmhouse Tour...

The smell of hyacinths, chirping chicks covered in baby down, little boys playing baseball in the yard, cheerful cherry blossoms lining the gravel driveway... It's spring at the farmhouse!

Well it's almost spring at the farmhouse, but it is spring in the farmhouse, and I'm so glad you stopped by. It's an honor for me to be joining my talented friends on this tour today. If you're making the tour loop, you may be coming from Jersey Girl In The SouthEither way, you'll find links to all of the charming home tours at the end of this post... 


I love the beautiful simplicity of farmhouse style. And spring is no exception. This time of year, I enjoy incorporating flowers in woven baskets, herbs in galvanized buckets, and flowering branches from the yard.



I recently sanded down the white painted top of our dining room table. I'm really happy with the added warmth of the raw wood. An extra-long European grain sack was used to make the table runner, which provides more texture in this space.



A little stack of nests carries me back to simpler times in childhood, exploring the wonder of nature. 
And now my joy is in watching our three sons do the same... when they're not tackling each other. ;)

 


Our family room is where we like to gather. More whites, woods and metal for a casual farmhouse feel.



A little collection of straw garden hats and fresh tulips in a vintage tub create a simple spring welcome in our entryway.


From our little coop to yours...



Charlotte (below) and I thank you for stopping by!



I'll be sharing more spring at our farmhouse in the weeks to come.

And now, I hope you'll hop over to visit Kelly at The Tattered Pew

She recently used paint to transform her home. I think you are going to love it...



You can find all of today's tours here:






20 comments:

  1. Julie, your home is absolutely stunning, my friend! I love the rosemary I think I see on your mantel and your dining room table is to die for! Really, I love everything about your home - what a gorgeous and lovely space to call home. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dining room is to die for! I love all the warm woods and white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie your home has all the perfect spring touches! I love your entryway and that old dresser! I can't wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, your home tour is gorgeous! I love your dining table and bench. Your spring touches with all your beautiful wood and white are stunning. This was such a fun project to work on with you. Thank you for all your help throughout the process. It was fun to get to know you better. I hope you have a wonderful spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind words! Hope you have a wonderful spring too...

      Delete
  5. Julie your home is gorgeous!! I love how you changed the top of your dining room table. The stack of nests is adorable and all of your flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy! I wasn't sure if I was going to miss the white table top... but I do love the soft contrast that the wood brings. Happy spring!

      Delete
  6. Your table transformation is genius and just so pretty. I really admire your softer interpretation of farmhouse style. I call it romantic farmhouse. Spare, but so much more than simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline - How nice to hear from you! I hope you are enjoying life at your beautiful home in the Southwest. Thank you very much for your encouraging words! Xo

      Delete
  7. Everything looks so wonderful. I especially love your entrance way and the tub with tulips. Just one question, did you have to finish your dining table top after sanding it? Thanks for sharing... you are a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pamela. I have not yet finished or sealed our table. We have lived with it for a couple of weeks without any staining. I'm not anxious to seal it because it seems to almost always darken the wood, and I love the color it is now. I'm just sure to wipe off any water fairly quickly. So far, so good! :)

      Delete
  8. JULIE! Love it all! Everything looks so far My! Hey Sweeie! Please don't take this wrong! The GRANDMA in me with two boys and I know you have Three Im worried about the long stick blossoms on your coffee table poking one of the kids possibly in the eye! We know how boys run around! Hope your ok with my comment ! You know how I adore your family!! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you Cindy! Thank you for your concern for our boys. I will take it as a warning :) and just removed the branches... those were pretty stiff. Our cherry blossoms are a softer branch, so they don't worry me. But I think you are right with these. Take care and enjoy the coming of spring on your beautiful farm!

      Delete
  9. Love all your Spring accessories! Your home is stunning. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that so much Katie! Hope you have a good weekend too!

      Delete
  10. I love your beautiful Spring touches! The blooming branches are beautiful. I think it's so sweet to see the chickens running around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your comfortable and cozy house!
    The dining table does look good all sanded down. Did you protect it with something??
    Thanks for the breathe of fresh air!!
    Nancy
    wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.